Sunday, February 26, 2012

As I begin to build my web site, I wanted to start with a blog.  There is no better weekend to start it than this one.  As I reflect on the past year and how far Frankie and I have come, it is truly had to believe that we finished our first Advanced HT in the top 10.  For me, this is a horse of a lifetime.  I have learned that I do better taking it one day at a time and one show at a time.  I cherish every hack, every carrot, every kiss on the nose I am able to give her because this weekend was a tragic reminder that it can all change in a moments notice.

I don't think that I have ever experienced a day of such highs and lows as I did this past Saturday.  Running my first advanced with a horse I completely adore and have owned for eight years is something I have dreamed about for several years.   Watching a friend lose her partner is one of the most heartbreaking experiences of a lifetime.

I dedicate this first blog to Megan Moore and her wonderful partner, The Grasshopper, who passed away on XC this past Saturday.  Megan and I were stabled together this weekend and had been counting down the months and days until we ran this first advanced with our horses.  Megan, Jenn O'Neill, and I had decided that we would  be a sort of a support team for each other and not let each other get down- no matter what.  This weekend has left Jenn and I wishing we could hold up our end of the bargain.  There are no words I have to ease her, her Dad's, or Andrea's pain.  Hopper's last memory was galloping across the field.  He was with the person he loved doing what he loved.  

Live your dreams and cherish the moments you are given.  

No comments:

Post a Comment